Monday, March 3, 2014

Quest for Simplicity.....The Beginning

The Quest for Simplicity...The Beginning...

    This quest for me is anything but simple.  Life has been anything but simple for some time now.  I am overwhelmed. My head is spinning and I need to find my center and begin to heal from the inside out.  I lived on auto pilot for many many years.  I was a stay at home mom to 4 beautiful children.  Life was by no means perfect, but I stuck my head in the sand and continued on.  I began to see things differently when my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer in the summer of 2011.  He passed away on May 30, 2012.  A huge punch in the stomach.  My Grandfather (my Dad's Dad) became ill in April of 2013. He passed away on May 30, 2013. Yep.  A year to the day after my Dad. I had returned to work the year my Dad was diagnosed, as a special education aide at my children's elementary school.  I loved this work and decided to begin a Masters of Education in Special Education program in August of 2013.  On November 30, I took my children and left my husband of 20 years.  There were many reasons, but it was absolutely necessary for the well being of myself and my children.  Long story short,  I am currently living in my Grandmother's home with 3 of my children, technically homeless, relying on the generosity of my family.  I do not make enough at this time to support my own family.  I have a desire to simplify.  I have a NEED to simplify.  This is my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment